7.26.2015

Tree Trouble

"The maple is dying."
"Okay.  I mean not okay but I understand what you're saying."
"The dome will collapse if the maple dies."
"And so?  We water it more or give it some medicine or what?"
"The death can only be postponed briefly."
"So what?  We just let the dome fall?  Build another one?  Run away?  What?"
"Better to fix the problem than reconstruct after disaster."
"But you just said it was going to die.  And then you said the dome was going to fall if it died.  So yeah.  That's it, right?  Dead maple means done dome and the maple is dying so the dome is done."
"Perhaps before the maple dies, you can find something else to bear the dome's weight."
"Like what?  Do you have another ancient maple tree back there in your closet?  Don't walk away from me. Don't just dump that on me and walk away.  Or do.  I mean, you did, so I guess that's it.  Fix the maple.  Which is most definitely going to die.  Okay."

No comments: